Let's face it, I hate laundry. And I hated my laundry room. It is connected to my garage so I go through that room several times a day normally apart from the time I spend in there to do the laundry. I decided it was time for a change! I had one of my former students come over to help me paint. She was raising money for church camp. She did such a great job! Here is what it looked like before.
Of course I browsed on Pinterest a while to get some inspiration. I found some great ideas and combined it all into my new laundry room! On a side note, who puts a chandelier in their laundry room?!?! Okay, sorry if I offended anyone, but it just doesn't seem practical. I agree it is pretty, but this is a laundry room, where you bring all your filth! I can only imagine how dusty it gets just from cleaning out the dryer lint! Okay, sorry for my personal rant, and again, I apologize if you have a chandelier in your laundry room. I'm sure it really is gorgeous!
1. I added a curtain on a tension rod to hide all those things we have to store. Wish I had cabinets, but I don't, so this is the next best thing.
2. Just a little picture that I found at Goodwill. It says Care Deeply, Love Much, Speak Kindly. Some days I really need to see that! Like about now, when my toddler is trying to mop the floor with the dog's water bowl. *Sigh* So much for a little room time!
3. I made the switch to all natural, safe cleaning products. And I'm saving money!!! You can check it out by clicking HERE. Seriously, who doesn't like spending just 3 cents on a bottle of cleaner!
4. I chose the paint color Gravity. It's a soothing gray color, I really like it. Do you ever choose paint colors just for the name!?! Love John Mayer!
5. Another picture; this one came from a friend in my town. We have this facebook page called Free or For Sale for our city and I find all sorts of treasures! The picture is a Paris theme. I've never been to Paris, but one day I will go!
6. Same thing, another Free or For Sale picture. Love shopping from my neighbors. It's also another Paris themed picture.
7. Ah, this one makes me happy. It's my shelf to catch all those hangers and socks that disappear behind the washer and dryer! I went to Lowes and bought an 8 foot long white shelf panel. I got out my jigsaw to cut around the outlets behind the washer and dryer and cut it to the length it needed to be. I put two shelf brackets on the wall to hold it up, and the front edge sits on top of the washer and dryer. It really wasn't that hard.
8. Last but not least, and certainly my favorite part! Don't you just love finding money when you do the laundry. It makes me feel like I'm getting paid. And it is MY money! If someone left it in their pocket and I washed it, it is MINE! Hahaha! So, I added a little TIPS jar. I printed out a shippins size label that says, "To INSPIRE Prompt Service." Maybe my laundry room makeover will inspire me to get some laundry done! It's already holding some of the money "I've made" from doing laundry!
Okay, so here is the side by side comparison picture. I LOVE my new laundry room!