Hi everyone! My name is Aimee. I'm a 6th grade math teacher, a wife to my husband, John, a mom to my 2 year old little boy, but more than anything I am driven by my faith. I am new to the world of blogging and I have to admit, I am probably not the best writer. However, I think that what I have to share with people might overcome that. I'm all about living a healthy, faith-filled life and balancing being a full-time teacher and mom. I hope to post about my career with Shaklee, my crock-pot freezer cooking adventures, and my adventures with my nearly two-year old little boy. I am very excited to begin this new adventure!
Okay, so why follow me on Six Cents?
- Great ideas on feeding your family healthy meals efficiently. I am all about efficiency! I hate to waste time!
- Fabulous ideas for toddlers. I am a hands on mom and I am always looking for fun things to do with my little one. I will fill you in on what works and what doesn't go so well.
- Ideas on living a greener life. I am all about taking care of my family's health. I help give you ideas on how to do this in the most efficient, cost-effective way.
- Discovering how to balance life as mom and life as an employee or business owner. It's so important to learn how to balance!
- Most importantly, to enjoy yourself! I hope that you enjoy the things I post make you think and aspire to greater things.
About the title, Six Cents. My mother's maiden name was Penny Nickel. Her nickname in school was Six Cents for obvious reasons. My mom was so incredibly special and I know I was lucky to have her as long as I did. Unfortunately, it just wasn't long enough. In September of 2009 she was diagnosed with stage four lung cancer. I couldn't believe it. She never smoked, she ate well, exercised. She did all the right things. Since her diagnosis I have done a lot of research and learned that the food we eat, the water we drink and the products we use all tend to have some sort of cancer-causing agent in them. We decided to change our plans and start a family sooner than we had originally planned. Caden came along ten months after my mom's diagnosis. Talk about God's timing!!!
My mom lost her battle at the young age of 57, just two and half short years after her diagnosis. We are so thankful for the time she had with our precious baby boy. We feel that she hung on as long as she did because of him and because I needed her to help me figure out the mom thing. After she passed I decided that I wanted to go as green as I could. More organic food, filtered water, and better household products. I can't stand the thought of leaving my family at the young age of 57. I want to do everything in my power to avoid that. I know I will miss my mom every day. I know she would be proud of what I am doing and how I am taking care of my family. I lost my mom May 2, 2012 to lung cancer. I miss her everyday. That was it for me. I decided I wanted something different and I started using Shaklee products. If you are interested in learning more, please e-mail me at email@example.com.